How to Purchase a custom rifle
The procedures and regulations for ordering custom builds and inventory rifles from Horizon Firearms.
• All orders and sales must conform to federal and local regulations. Buyers must be at least 18 years old. We are required to conduct a National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) check and/or an appropriate state background check for the state of residence/delivery for all purchasers. We cannot sell rifles to any individual who is a federally prohibited person. For more information refer to this ATF FAQ that explains firearm sales to consumers.
• The easiest and most efficient way to begin your order of a Z-Custom or Semi-Custom rifle build is to fill out our custom order form. We are also available by email and phone (979-229-4664 during our normal business hours) to discuss your rifle build. We are happy to consult free of charge on what you seek in a rifle's components, caliber, specifications, and features, as well as the shooting situation(s) in which you will use your rifle, to ensure that you receive the best and most appropriate firearm for your wants and needs.
• Once your custom order is complete, we will email you a price quote. After you confirm the build and price, we will issue you a formal invoice. A deposit of 50 percent in check, cashier's check, money order, credit card or cash (in person) is required to begin building your rifle. The full balance is due by same payment methods prior to the delivery and/or shipment of your custom order.
• Standard build time between payment of deposit and delivery is 10 to 16 weeks. Certain specialized components may require a longer time frame to obtain, which we will inform you of at the time of your order.
• If you need to cancel your order for any reason, please contact us as soon as possible. Orders canceled within the first 48 hours of order date will receive the full deposit back. Any orders canceled after 48 hours have passed, but before 4 weeks, will forfeit 10% of the deposit. Any cancellation past 4 weeks of original order date will forfeit the full 50% deposit.
• If you are purchasing a rifle we have in stock, full payment is due in check, cashier's check, money order, credit card or cash (in person) to ship your gun or pick it up in person at our pro shop in College Station, Texas. Payment for services and accessories is due in full before we perform the service or ship your order by same payment methods.
• Any customer provided components must be received within two weeks of deposit date. Components received after that time may result in a delay in final production and completion. This is VERY important in regard to optics. If optics are not received in time, your rifle will be bore sighted, but not sighted in with your scope.
•Once your rifle has been inspected, tested, and shot, and meets our .5 MOA guarantee, you will receive an email with photos of your rifle, a photo of the proof target, and an invoice. Final payment is due at that time. Any rifle order not shipped (to an FFL) or picked up within two weeks of final payment, will be subject to a weekly storage fee of $50.
• The most expeditious way to receive your custom order is in person at our College Station pro shop. We ship rifle and ammunition orders only to FFL (Federal Firearm Licensed) dealers near you, which you must specify prior to shipment. If you don't know of an FFL dealer located near you, we can assist in finding one (or more) that is most conveniently located. Note that the FFL dealer will likely charge a transfer fee in order to pick up your rifle. Horizon Firearms is not responsible for the amount of the fee, which is not included in your payment to us and must be paid directly to the dealer.
We welcome your order and strive to make the process as easy and efficient as possible.
Order Custom Rifle